|Aruba ClearPass Fundamentals (ACF) - ACCA Level|| |
Course OverviewThe Aruba ClearPass Fundamentals instructor-led course prepares participants with foundational skills in Network Access Control using the ClearPass product portfolio. This 3-day course includes instructional modules and hands-on labs to lead participants through the implementation and configuration of a ClearPass Network Access Control solution. This course is the first of two sections in the complete ClearPass Essentials course, and is designed to build the learner’s foundational knowledge in authentication and access control using ClearPass.
This course is primarily focused on ClearPass fundamentals, but provides the basics on the device configuration required when considering the interaction between the Network Access Control Device and ClearPass. Participants will learn how to configure access control logic within the Policy Manager. Understand how to use ClearPass Guest to configure a convenient yet secure public access network. Participants will also explore device profiling. In addition, this course covers integration with external Active Directory servers and Monitoring.
This course is only available on requast and prepares the candidates for the Aruba Certified ClearPass Associate (ACCA)
3 days (Classroom or Virtual)
- Ideal candidates include network administrators who are looking to build their foundational knowledge of the ClearPass product portfolio.
- This course would be beneficial for customers who are seeking greater knowledge of the ClearPass product that they have purchased.
- We recommend that students have at least an understanding of basic access layer networking, the function of ACL’s and firewall rules.
- Basic WLAN terminology and concepts.
- Knowledge of wired and wireless networking design and operations. Knowledge of RADIUS server configuration, 802.1X authentication, AAA, LDAP and Active Directory experience.
- Students taking this class may complete the following self-paced online courses available to view at no charge on the Aruba Web Site
Wired Fundamentals gives a brief overview of the wired networking principles used in Aruba products.
Wirless Fundamentals gives a brief overview of the wired networking principles used in Aruba products.
- Intro to ClearPass
- Basic Concepts of Network Access Control
- ClearPass Use Cases
- Authentication Basics
- Multi-Level Client Authorization
- Radius Accounting
- Configuration of Authentication Sources Including LADP and Active Directory
- External Connectivity
- Configuring Network Access Devices
- Configuring Email Messaging Servers
- Aruba Security Exchange Integration
- Integration with Enterprise Mobile Managers
- Device Type Identification
- Profiling Collectors
- Roles andEnforcement.
- Introduction to Services
- Implementation of Enforcement Logic.
- ClearPass Role Assignment
- Configuring Services
- Service Selection Logic.
- Implementation of Effective Services in ClearPass
- Wired Access Control
- Enforcement on Wired Networks.
- Endpoint Profiling on Wired Networks
- Custom Web Content
- ClearPass Skins Web Templates
- Custom Informational Webpages
- Introduction to Guest
- Guest Access with Captive Portal.
- Web-Based Authentication
- Guest Access with MAC Caching.
- Guest Account Management
- GuestAccesswith Self Registration.
- The Self-Service Guest Access Experience.
- Configuring a Self-Registration Portal.
- Configuring Self-Registration with Internal Sponsorship
t: +44 (0)845 450 3544 f: +44 (0) 845 127 4438
All courses are subject to change. Terms and conditions apply