|ClearPass Essentials (CPE) - ACCPv6.5 || |
Course OverviewThe "ClearPass Essentials (CPE)" training course provides you with a foundation in Network Access Control using ClearPass 6.5 system. This course covers in depth configuration of ClearPass policy manager with a focus on Enforcement and Device Profiling. The course also includes setup and configuration details of primary application of ClearPass Guest like guest web login pages, guest self-registration, device provisioning using OnBoard and client posture analysis using OnGuard.
Successful conclusion of the course prepares the participant for the Aruba Certified ClearPass Professional exam (ACMP) v6.5 proctered through PearsonVue test centres and PearsonVue online.
- Network Administrators and IT Staff who's network must support "Bring Your Own Device" (BYOD) provisioning and onboarding.
- Network Administrators and IT Staff who configure and manage guest and visitor WLAN access.
- Network and System Administrators responsible for reporting and compliance of WLANs
- Familiarity with network standards and terminology, VLANs and IP protocols including routing and switching.
- Basic WLAN terminology and concepts.
- Knowledge of wired and wireless networking design and operations. Knowledge of RADIUS server configuration, 802.1X authentication, AAA, LDAP and Active Directory experience.
- Students taking this class may complete the following self-paced online courses available to view at no charge on the Aruba Web Site
Wired Fundamentals gives a brief overview of the wired networking principles used in Aruba products.
Wireless Fundamentals gives a brief overview of the wired networking principles used in Aruba products.
- Introduction to Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company
- Describe market trends that are causing customers to transform in four key Transformation Areas
- Describe how Aruba delivers the digital workplace
- Switch CLI (Command Line Interface) Navigation
- Describe out-of-band management
- Complete the initial setup on ArubaOS switches
- Verify configuration
- Protecting Management Access
- Explanation of in-band management
- Protect in-band and out-of-band management access
- Configure local authentication
- Control the privilege level allowed to managers
- Management of Software and Configurations
- Overview of ArubaOS and file structures
- Different methods for setting the software from which to boot
- Software update
- Saving and restoring configurations
- Explain use cases for VLANs
- Configure port-based VLANs on ArubaOS switches, using appropriate tagging
- Implement basic IP routing between directly connected VLANs or links
- Spanning Tree Protocol (STP)
- Understand and configure Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (RSTP)
- Understand how Multiple Spanning Tree Protocol (MSTP) provides load sharing and implement MSTP
- Link Aggregation
- Differentiate between different types of link aggregation and understand the benefits of Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP)
- Configure and troubleshoot link aggregation on ArubaOS switches
- IP Routing
- Configure static routes on ArubaOS switches
- Interpret IP routing tables
- Configure a basic OSPF solution
- Virtual Switching Framework (VSF)
- Understand how VSF works and the advantages that it provides
- Configure and verify a simple VSF fabric
- Wireless for Small-to-Medium Businesses (SMBs)
- Understand the basics of wireless communications and 802.11 standards
- Define a WLAN and differentiate between wireless security options
- Configure basic settings on Aruba Instant Access Point (IAP)
- Form an Aruba Instant cluster
- Aruba AirWave
- Configure AirWave management settings on an IAP cluster
- Configure SNMP v2c settings on ArubaOS switches
- Discover ArubaOS switches in AirWave and bring switches and IAPs under monitoring and management
- Implement zero touch provisioning (ZTP) for Aruba IAPs and ArubaOS switches
t: +44 (0)845 450 3544 f: +44 (0) 845 127 4438
All courses are subject to change. Terms and conditions apply