his course is designed for individuals with their Extreme Networks ExtremeEOS Switching and Routing solution.
Students should possess a solid grasp of LAN concepts, including advanced Ethernet and TCP/IP skills. Attendance of the ExtremeEOS Fundamentals course is recommended.
Upon completion of this course, students will have gained the working knowledge to complete the following actions: Access and use the ExtremeEOS CLI and legacy CLI, Install and configure Extreme Networks management tools, Configure Layer 1 and Layer 2 networking features, Understand and verify ExtremeEOS stacking, Configure a network using Lags, Configure Layer 3 routing, OSPF, ACLs, VRRP and PIM
- Switch Management, using the ExtremeEOS CLI including, software and configuration management, configure switches for management and secure switch management; RADIUS, SSH2, HTTPS, SNMPv3.
- Discussions around Port & Link Configuration, including Link Aggregation, LACP and Mirroring.
- Layer 2 Forwarding, VLANs and Spanning Tree.
- Configuring IP Routing and OSPF (single area configuration).
- Discussions and hands-on lab reinforcement on Access Control Lists (ACLs) and Policy Based Routing (PBR).
- Technology overview, configuration and implementation of Protocol Independent Multicast – Sparse Mode (PIM-SM).
- Discussions regarding redundancy utilizing Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (VRRP), including configuration and troubleshooting techniques.