This course is designed for individuals getting started with their Extreme Networks ExtremeXOS Switching and Routing solution.
Student should possess a working familiarity with LAN concepts, including basic Ethernet and TCP/IP.
Upon completion of this course, students will have gained the working knowledge to complete the following actions: Access and use the ExtremeXOS CLI and legacy CLI, Install and configure Extreme Networks management tools, Configure Layer 1 and Layer 2 networking features, Understand and verify ExtremeXOS stacking, Configure a network using Ethernet Automatic Protection Switching (EAPS), Configure Layer 3 routing.
- Switch Management, using the ExtremeXOS CLI including, software and configuration management, configure switches for management and secure switch management; RADIUS, SSH2, HTTPS, SNMPv3.
- Discussions around Port & Link Configuration, including Link Aggregation, LACP, EDP, LLDP, Mirroring.
- Layer 2 Forwarding & VLANs, including: FDB, MAC security, VLANs (untagged, tagged, protocol).
- Discussions on Ethernet Automatic Protection Switching (EAPS), including Single ring configuration.
- Configuring IP Routing and OSPF (single area configuration).
- ExtremeXOS Static Scripts, system scripts, control structures, variables, operators & functions.
- Universal Port & Dynamic Scripts, UP events, profiles, VOIP provisioning.
- Switch diagnostics and troubleshooting