System Integrators and Network Administrators.
Students should possess an understanding of network fundamentals, traffic classifications, and general network management concepts, as well as network security concepts and technologies.
Upon completion of this course, students will have gained the working knowledge to successfully configure and manage their Wireless implementation as well as take the Extreme Wireless Specialist certification exam
- Overview and discussions regarding the Extreme Networks Wireless solution components and architecture.
- Configuration of the Wireless Controller, Access Points and Virtual Network Services.
- Configuration and implementation of security parameters including 802.1x, filtering (policies), captive portal and privacy settings.
- Introduction to WLAN management including configuration of quality of service (QoS) settings, class of service (CoS) and user management settings.
- Overview and discussions regarding high availability, wireless mobility domain (networking), as well as topics regarding troubleshooting tips and general maintenance of the wireless controller.
- Discussion regarding intrusion detection/prevention capabilities (Radar/Guardian) including threat and monitoring features, and spectrum analysis.
- Overview of client management capabilities using the Extreme Management Center, Wireless Reports and Wireless Logs.
- Wireless Fundamentals
- ExtremeWireless Solution Overview
- Controller Configuration & Mgmt
- AP Configuration and Mgmt
- Extreme Cloud
- Extreme Management Integration
- Virtual Network Services (VNS)
- Hotspot 2.0
- Application Visibility
- Remote Sites
- Captive Portal
- Guest Portal
- Extreme Wireless Maps and Location
- Mesh Networks