IT professionals with three or more years of experience in designing
and architecting complex enterprise level networks. Recommended, but not
required, is experience with server and storage network related
Prior to attending the Architecting HPE FlexNetwork Solutions training, you
should hold the following certification:
Cloud and Converged Infrastructure architectures have redefined the way
IT assets are deployed and consumed which dramatically affects the way
networks are architected and managed. This course covers both
traditional network designs, as well as network designs that support
cloud or converged environments which require flatter, simpler networks
to support the bandwidth-intensive, delay-sensitive, server-to-server
You will learn how to validate customer
requirements and how to translate those requirements into a highly
scalable, customized and secure network solution design, including
switches, routers and wireless products, as well as server and storage
network related components. The network will be future-ready, capable of
IT innovations, including cloud services, security, OpenFlow and Bring
Your Own Device (BYOD) with integrated wired and wireless solutions for
This course is approximately 60 percent case
studies and 40 percent lecture and learning activities.
After completing this course, you will be able
- Explain how open standards and the HPE FlexNetwork architecture
addresses modern networking’s bandwidth-intensive, delay-sensitive,
mobility and BYOD demands.
- Design a more simplified, flatter physical topology that can
handle an enterprise’s traffic volume and traffic patterns,
including intensive server-to-server patterns anticipated for Cloud
and Converged Infrastructures.
- Design efficient routing and multicast routing solutions for
various enterprise needs
- Describe best practices for designing solutions from the
Physical Layer to the Network Layer, by providing basic connectivity
with some resiliency and good performance ensured by
bandwidth provisioning and topology design.
- Explain how HPE Virtual Connect (VC) modules help to simplify
and optimize connections between servers and the data center LAN and
- Design secure, integrated wired and wireless network solutions
for seamless mobile access.
- Develop a plan for implementing an HPE networking solution into
either a greenfield or an existing network.
- Obtain the data and documentation required to understand a
company’s general connectivity, availability, security, and
application requirements based on information provided by the
company’s key decision makers.
- Design data center solutions including network, server, and
storage virtualization and explain how virtualization and cloud
computing are changing the data center environment.