IT professionals with three or more years of experience in designing and architecting complex enterprise level networks. Recommended, but not required, is experience with server and storage network related technologies.
Prior to attending the Architecting HPE FlexNetwork Solutions training, you should hold the following certification:
Course DescriptionCloud and Converged Infrastructure architectures have redefined the way IT assets are deployed and consumed which dramatically affects the way networks are architected and managed. This course covers both traditional network designs, as well as network designs that support cloud or converged environments which require flatter, simpler networks to support the bandwidth-intensive, delay-sensitive, server-to-server traffic flows.
You will learn how to validate customer requirements and how to translate those requirements into a highly scalable, customized and secure network solution design, including switches, routers and wireless products, as well as server and storage network related components. The network will be future-ready, capable of IT innovations, including cloud services, security, OpenFlow and Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) with integrated wired and wireless solutions for seamless access.
This course is approximately 60 percent case studies and 40 percent lecture and learning activities.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Explain how open standards and the HPE FlexNetwork architecture addresses modern networking’s bandwidth-intensive, delay-sensitive, mobility and BYOD demands.
- Design a more simplified, flatter physical topology that can handle an enterprise’s traffic volume and traffic patterns, including intensive server-to-server patterns anticipated for Cloud and Converged Infrastructures.
- Design efficient routing and multicast routing solutions for various enterprise needs
- Describe best practices for designing solutions from the Physical Layer to the Network Layer, by providing basic connectivity with some resiliency and good performance ensured by
the proper bandwidth provisioning and topology design.
- Explain how HPE Virtual Connect (VC) modules help to simplify and optimize connections between servers and the data center LAN and SAN.
- Design secure, integrated wired and wireless network solutions for seamless mobile access.
- Develop a plan for implementing an HPE networking solution into either a greenfield or an existing network.
- Obtain the data and documentation required to understand a company’s general connectivity, availability, security, and application requirements based on information provided by the company’s key decision makers.
- Design data center solutions including network, server, and storage virtualization and explain how virtualization and cloud computing are changing the data center environment.