Network engineers who are new to SDN and OpenFlow and need to familiarise themselves with the installation, management and operation of an OpenFlow based network.
Students should have some basic experience with IPv4 and LAN switching systems. Experience using Linux is preferrable although not essential.
- Introduction to SDN and OpenFlow
- SDN Architecture
- OpenFlow Overview
- OpenFlow Operation
- OpenvSwitch Concepts
- FloodLight Controller Overview
- Installing OpenvSwitch
- Installing an OpenFlow Network OS
- Installing the Floodlight Controller
- Configuring flows using Floodlight