The SonicWall Network Security Administrator (SNSA) course provides students the required background, knowledge and hands-on experience to begin designing, implementing and troubleshooting SonicWall Network Security Appliances running SonicOS firmware. SNSA training is a learner-centric blended curriculum that combines 6 hours of online learning with 2 days of hands-on, instructor-led classroom training.
This course will enable students to configure, monitor, manage, and optimize SonicWall Next‐Gen firewall appliances running SonicOS to effectively defend against evolving and emerging network and cyber security threats.
Upon completion of the course, the students will be able to configure the SonicWall firewall for Secure and Remote Connectivity, Network Optimization, and Advanced Threat Protection. Successful completion of the SNSA curriculum qualifies you to take the SNSA Certification Exam.
Security professionals, System engineers, channel partners, service partners, and end users with one or more years of experience in implementing IT security technologies (Network, Applications, and Systems).
It is a recommended requirement that students attending the hands on instructor-led classroom training have also completed the self-paced eLearning modules. Activation keys required to access the course modules will be supplied when attendance on the instructor-led class has been confirmed.
It is also highly recommended that students enrolling onto the SNSA course have the folowing:
- Highlevel understanding of networking fundamentals and architecture, including OSI data model, IP addressing, dynamic routing, switching, VoIP, cloud and virtualization, network topologies and connectivity, wired and wireless networks, system backup and recovery, network applications and peripherals, network management protocols, etc.
Knowledge of enterprise security concepts and technologies, such as firewalls, gateways, VPN architecture, threat protection, content filtering, NAT, IPSec, SSL, DPI, zones, encryption and cryptography, access control, Identity management, security compliance policies, latest cyber threats and vulnerabilities, etc.
- Getting Started
- Using Wizards
- Configuring Network Settings
- Managing User Accounts
- Configuring Route Policies
- Managing Logs
- Monitoring and Reporting
- Enabling Firewall Diagnostics
- Setting up Basic Firewall Components
- Unified Threat Management
- Secure Access
- Deep Packet Inspection for SSL (DPI-SSL)
- Content Filtering Services
- Application Control
- Scalability and Reliability
- High Availability
2 days (Classroom or Virtual) + 6 hours eLearning