|Managing Campus Network with Aruba Central (MCNC)|| |
Course OverviewThe Aruba Central instructor-led course covers the central campus cloud based management system that lets you centrally manage and monitor wired and wireless networks. This 2-day course covers the Aruba Central management service options for onboarding devices by managing Aruba Instant and Aruba Switches.
Participants will view the advanced analytics services and connectivity health of devices and clients, providing insights into Wi-Fi analytics for smart business decisions. Understand how to simplify visitor access management with a fully secure and scalable guest access including guest cloud services. Through lecture and hands-on labs students discover the comprehensive alert management, device connectivity, network health, and user account activity with Aruba Central.
2 days (Classroom or Virtual)
This course is ideal for technical personnel who want a deep-dive into Aruba Central and Network Administrators who need to centralize the management and configuration of Aruba IAPs and Switches/
- Basic WLAN terminology and concepts
- Knowledge of wired and wireless networking design and operations
- Experience installing network monitoring software
- Students taking this class may complete the following self-paced online courses available to view at no charge on the Aruba Web Site gives a brief overview of the wired networking principles used in Aruba products.
- outlines wireless networking concepts and technology.
- Central introduction
- Latest Central cloud-based management feaetures
- Options for IAP clusters and Aruba access switches
- Networking, configuration, guest management, report generation and maintenance
- Managed Services Provider (MSP) Mode
- Learn how to change a Central account to an MSP account
- Changes with an MSP account verses a standalone Central account
- Customize your SP information and customer’s logo
- Basic process for onboarding devices using Zero touch, cloud key and manually adding devices
- Smartphone installations
- Registering a Central account
- Subscriptions to manage deices
- Troubleshooting onboarding issues
- Groups, Sites, Labels
- Set up groups for device configurations
- Create labels to filter devices for monitoring, managing and reporting purposes
- Use sites for installation as well as monitoring, managing and reporting
- IAP and Aruba Switch Configuration
- Group essentials for configuration
- Configuring a new WLAN with an access method
- How to name APs
- Introduction to Guest Access features
- Central management of Aruba access switches
- How to configure and monitor Aruba switches
- Visual RF
- Set up Visual RF floorplans for planning and monitoring
- Verify the AP heatmaps and client locations.
- Plan an RF layout for new sites
- Review the topology layout of the network
- Monitoring & Troubleshooting
- Overview of monitoring and troubleshooting for groups and devices.
- Attach labels, look for IAPS and clients, apply console commands and use troubleshooting commands.
- Overview of Wireless Intrusion Detection System (IDS) and Intrusion Protection System (IPS)
- IPS and IDS configuration and monitoring options
- Clarity, Presence analytic, AppRF
- View application visibility to identify usage and network activity on websites
- Clarity subscriptions for network analytics and insight
- Presence Analytics subscription to view customer traffic and provide details concerning new visitors and loyal customers
- Be familiar with Aruba Central’s Unified Communications app (UCC)
- Available subscriptions with UCC
- Activity graphs
- Configure UC within a network
- Administration and Maintenance
- Create an administrative user
- Assign pre-configured roles and a customized role
- Generate reports for viewing network information, compliance and performance.
- Manage device firmware on your network
- Monitor the Audit Trail
- Introduction into API and certificates
t: +44 (0)845 450 3544 f: +44 (0) 845 127 4438
All courses are subject to change. Terms and conditions apply