This course is designed for individuals responsible for the configuration, management, maintenance, and support of the Extreme Networks family of LAN switches.
Students should possess a solid grasp of LAN concepts, including advanced Ethernet and TCP/IP skills. Attendance of the ExtremeXOS Fundamentals course is recommended.
Upon completion of this course, students will have gained the working knowledge to complete the following actions: Understand Ethernet Automatic Protection Switching (EAPS) and configure advanced EAPS features in a multi-ring environment, understand and configure G.8032 Ethernet Ring Protection Switching (ERPS) in a single-ring environment, describe Connectivity Fault Management (CFM) and configure ERPS with CFM, configure Multi-Switch Link Aggregation (MLAG), understand and configure Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (VRRP), describe Access Control List (ACL) operation and configuration, configure and implement CLEAR-Flow, understand and configure Role-Based Access Control (RBAC) with Identity Management, understand and configure OSPF in a multi-area environment, describe IP multicast operation and configure IGMP and IGMP Snooping, understand and configure Protocol Independent Multicast (PIM) in both Dense and Sparse modes.
- EAPS Review including configuring the EAPS protocol in a single domain configuration.
- Advanced EAPS, EAPS rings with multiple domains, understanding EAPS domain priority, and configuring EAPS shared port.
- G.8032 Ethernet Ring Protection Switching (ERPS), ERPS operation and configuration elements, and configuring and verifying ERPS.
- Connectivity Fault Management (CFM), CFM operation and configuration elements, and configuring and verifying CFM as part of an ERPS configuration.
- Multi-Switch Link Aggregation (MLAG), including MLAG operation and components, steady state and failure state operation, and configuring and verifying MLAG.
- Configuring VRRP, including setting up Single and Multiple Virtual Router IDs.
- Access Control Lists (ACLs), using policies, editing policy files and ACL rule evaluation process, ACL matching conditions, syntax, and troubleshooting, and Configuring static ACLs and dynamic ACLs.
- Configuring CLEAR-Flow.
- Role-Based Access Control (RBAC), Configuring and verifying Identity Management, Configuring RBAC roles, ACLs and LDAP servers.
- Configuring IP Routing and OSPF, including Single area configuration.
- Advanced OSPF, Configuring OSPF using multiple areas, Configuring OPSF route summarization, Configuring IP route sharing (Equal Cost Multipath (ECMP).
- IP Multicast and IGMP, including IGMP and IGMP snooping operation and configuration.
- Protocol Independent Multicast (PIM), PIM Dense and Sparse mode operation and configuration.